[rss-ping] Trying to clear my confusion

Kevin J. Steinke ksteinke at earthmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:18:09 UTC 2006

Can I get this cleared up?
My company wants me to write a pinging service to go out and ping as many
blog services as possible.
I wrote a web service that will do a Remote Procedure Call (Weblogs.com
example from xml-rpc.net) to an ever increasing list.
It seems that the majority of these services that I'm pinging are only
accepting these rpc call's.

Now, I'm getting these comments internally that I need to implement rssping
1.0 and start looking at rssping 2.0. This standard from RSSPing.com.

Well, I see no ping services that accept RssPing1.0. It seems like a free
for all out there.

Is rssping 1.0 a standard that is trying to get accepting out in the
community? Or is this just a standard for ping-o-matic.com?

Any more info would be appreciated.

Kevin