[rss-ping] RSS Ping Questions

Nik Cubrilovic cubrilovic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 13:32:22 UTC 2005

On 26/10/05, Bill Brown <bbrown at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll second this question. (Note to Kevin: this list and the standard
> appear to be abandonware. I asked a question in August and never got a
> response.)

I believe that the biggest flaw in the RSS ping model is that spam and
load issues are problems with standard ping, let alone ping carrying a
payload. Raises a whole heap of issues (DoS attacks etc.).

I am also keen to hear an update. There seemed to be a big
announcement and then nothing else. I know Matt is busy with a whole
heap of things but is there anybody else who is running with this?

Nik

--
Nik Cubrilovic  -  <http://www.nik.com.au>