[rss-ping] Quick question

Bill Brown bbrown at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 16:24:51 UTC 2005

Is this spec suffering from a chicken and egg syndrome? You know,
people won't buy into the spec until some of the pinging services
support it but the pinging services aren't going to support it until
some people buy into it.

More pointedly: since Matt's signed on to the service, does
Ping-o-Matic take RSS pings? If it doesn't, will it? Will it send RSS
pings to ping services that support it and regular pings to those that
don't?

I'm very interested in doing an implementation of this, but I don't
want to waste my time if this whole thing is still very incipient. I
can always include it in a future version.

Thanks,

bbrown